Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yesterday was decidedly a good day!

Went to play some basketball, which meant stepping out of my house for the first time in about a week. Played some basketball (gee, I seem to be repeating myself) with dan and his bro + cousin, th, keith. Nice to play some sports again since before our MST when we took a break from sports for one reason or another. My skills deproved though ._. I guess all of ours did. Kinda obvious when dan and I were under the basket trying to get a shot in, but failed even though we snatched like 5 rebounds. Hung around with them a little longer after that before going home.

And being unable to sleep cause of my limbs. Or rather, the pain (ache?) in them. >.< So ended up sleeping at 5 and waking at 12. Today(yesterday, since its past 12, which would make the first line 2 days ago I guess) is a decent day. Caught 2 movies. LOTR and Battle Royale.


Violent descriptions and movie spoilers below








Battle Royale is interesting. It has a rather twisted (not in a good way!) story and blood and violence and gore. Not that different from other movies aside from the story. Its about this future Japan where the government is pretty inefficient, causing youths to be more delinquent ( if its possible, hehe). So they are pretty recalcitrant of authority, which is seen in the first few scenes where a teacher get stabbed in the tight in school. The government then established this Battle Royale law which turns out to allow them to kidnap a random class and force the people in the class to kill each other until theres only 1 survivor.

So it has a really sick story, but the blood and gore and violence aren't really bloody, gory, or violent, or it could be just the poor quality of youtube. I like the scene with the dead teacher and the exploding neck though. But the ending was stupid.

And I found this is a thread about the most disturbing movie you have seen. And from what I read, this seems like one of the milder ones. So tomorrow will probably be more movies which I am interested in watching curious about ( Yeah, that doesn't make me seem like a psychopath. Hopefully). Unless we end up playing soccer. Then it will be another post about my deteriorating sports skills. Like this post.

No comments: